A Project for All Seasons & All Comers
Four Seasons Studio is our vision for a multi-purpose building to replace our beloved but bedraggled Art & Craft Building. Construction began in August 2019. Four Seasons Studio will be:
- A resource for groups and individuals in the local community, as well as Othona’s residential visitors.
- Extremely adaptable, combining good facilities for arts and crafts, bodywork, creative play and other educational activities.
- Fully accessible, with a kitchen and toilets, built to high environmental standards.
- Its energy use is part of our plan to make the entire site carbon neutral by 2030 at the latest.
- In tune with its stunning natural surroundings.
The budget for completion is £300,000. Through grants, legacies, individual donations, fundraising efforts and Othona’s own reserves, the amount raised is already over £235,000. Now we need to close the final gap. Will you help?
If you'd like to contribute financially, please use the 'Donate' button below or get in touch with us in any of the usual ways.
Follow the Creation of Four Seasons Studio!
Visit the Four Seasons Studio Team page and learn more about Four Seasons Studio coming into being. See photos of the different stages - from dismantling the old art building to laying the new foundations and beyond. Meet the team who have made it possible. Get the latest on the fundraising. They say it takes a village to raise a child. It takes a community to raise our beautiful new building!
A big THANK YOU to The Inlight Trust which has, to date, contributed £35,000 towards the cost of building Four Seasons Studio.
Thank you to our architects, Fisher & Associates, for their drawings and the videos below - a walk-through and a fly-around! (The manicured lawns and parkland trees are wishful thinking generated by the software. :-D)
Four Seasons Studio - view from Community House
Four Seasons Studio - view from the south