Are you coming to stay with us? Or considering a booking? You may want to know how we’re responding to the outbreak of Covid-19. We aim to take all reasonable measures to keep everyone at Othona safe and healthy.
Measures against infection
- We recently changed all towels in toilets and shower rooms, as in our kitchen, from cotton to single-use recycled paper towels
- We have increased our regular sanitising of e.g. door handles, switches and handrails
- We are displaying simple reminder information about e.g. handwashing
- We have plentiful supplies of soap, tissues etc.
- You are welcome to bring any protective items you wish to use
If someone becomes unwell
- If you are due to visit Othona and have unidentified symptoms that could indicate Covid-19 we would respectfully ask you not to make the journey
- The same applies if you’ve recently visited somewhere (such as Italy) where the virus is circulating widely
- If a visitor feels unwell while here, we ask them to report it to us immediately so that we can support them in the best way to respond
- If a member of the Othona team shows signs of illness that could be Covid-19, they will stop work immediately and isolate themselves in their on-site accommodation while we assess the next steps
If we cancel an event
- Anybody who has booked on an event we decide to cancel will receive a full refund (including the non-returnable deposit)
If you decide to cancel a booking
- Usually, the later you cancel, the less money we refund to you
- For the time being, if you cancel for any Covid-19 related reason, we are suspending our usual terms and conditions and will refund all your money (except the non-returnable deposit)
We are keeping abreast of the latest advice from government, the NHS and the National Council for Voluntary Organisations as this situation develops.
If you have any query about this, please be in touch. Let’s all stay healthy!